Who am I?
Md. Shohel Rana Talukder born in Sirajganj, Bangladesh in 1987 received the B.Sc. (Engr.) and M.Sc. (Engr.) degree in Computer Science and Engineering both from Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University, Tangail, Bangladesh.
Working as Senior Lecturer in the Department of Software Engineering at Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Currently enrolled in the Ph.D. program in Computational Science at The University of Southern Mississippi, Mississippi, USA.
Research interests include Data Science, Machine Learning, Digital Image Processing and Computer Vision, Human-Computer Interaction, E-Learning/Distance Learning, Web Technology, Data Mining and Cybersecurity.
What I do?
University of Southern Mississippi, USA
To pursue my Ph.D. in Computational Science under School of Computing and working as Graduate Research Assistant from August 2017.
Daffodil International University, BD
Working as Senior Lecturer in the Department of Software Engineering under the Faculty of Science and Information Technology from January 2014.
Working as a Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer. We Founded SCHOPE in 2015 with a dream to become a Global startup company starting from Bangladesh in the…
Nice to meet you!
Thanks to visit my profile...
Meet with my family
The University of Southern Mississippi
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39401, USA.
+1 (929) 331-7300
Journal and Conferences
- M. S. Rana, A. H. Sung, “Malware Analysis on Android using Supervised Machine Learning Techniques”, International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering (IJCCE) (ISSN: 2010-3743), Volume 7, Number 4, October 2018. (EI -(INSPEC, IET), Google Scholar, Crossref, Engineering & Technology Digital Library, ProQuest, and Electronic Journals Library)
- M. S. Rana, M. K. Sohel, M. S. Arman, “Distributed Database Problems, Approaches and Solutions – A Study”, International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing (IJMLC), Volume 8, Number 5, October 2018. (Scopus, EI (INSPEC, IET), Google Scholar, Crossref, ProQuest, Electronic Journals Library)
- M. S. Rana, M. M. Hassan, T. Bhuiyan, “An Enhanced Model for Inpainting on Digital Images Using Dynamic Masking”, Journal of Communications, Vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 248-253, 2017. (Scopus)
- M. M. Rahman, M. S. Rana, M. A. Islam, M. M. Rahman, M. H. Talukder, “A New Filtering Technique for denoising Speckle Noise from MedicalImages Based on Adaptive and Anisotropic Diffusion Filter.” International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 9, September -2013.
- Rana M. S., Gudla C., Sung A. H. (2019) Evaluating Machine Learning Models on the Ethereum Blockchain for Android Malware Detection. In: Arai K., Bhatia R., Kapoor S. (eds) Intelligent Computing. CompCom 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 998. Springer, Cham, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22868-2_34 (ISI Proceedings, EI-Compendex, DBLP, SCOPUS, Google Scholar and SpringerLink)
- Rana M. S., Rahman S. S. M. M., Sung A. H. (2018) Evaluation of Tree-Based Machine Learning Classifiers for Android Malware Detection. In: Nguyen N., Pimenidis E., Khan Z., Trawiński B. (eds) Computational Collective Intelligence. ICCCI 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11056. Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98446-9_35 (ISI, Scopus, EI, DBLP, Inspec, etc.)
- Shohel Rana M., Bhuiyan T., Satter A.K.M.Z. (2018) e-School: Design and Implementation of Web-Based Teaching Institution for Enhancing E-Learning Experiences. In: Nguyen N., Pimenidis E., Khan Z., Trawiński B. (eds) Computational Collective Intelligence. ICCCI 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11055. Springer, Cham, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98443-8_10. (ISI, Scopus, EI, DBLP, Inspec, etc.)
- Md. Shohel Rana, Charan Gudla and Andrew H. Sung, “Evaluating Machine Learning Models for Android Malware Detection – A Comparison Study”, International Conference on Network, Communication, and Computing (ICNCC 2018), December 14-16, 2018, Taipei, Taiwan. (Scopus, EI Compendex, Google Scholar, etc.)
- Md. Shohel Rana, Md Altab Hossin, S M Hasan Mahmud, Hosney Jahan, A. K. M. Zaidi Satter, Touhid Bhuiyan, “MinFinder: A New Approach in Sorting Algorithm”,9th Annual International Conference of Information and Communication Technology (ICICT 2019), January 11-13, 2019, Nanning, Guangxi, China. (ISI Proceedings (ISTP/CPCI), EI, DBLP, SCOPUS, Google Scholar)
- Md. Shohel Rana, Md Altab Hossin, S M Hasan Mahmud and Hosney Jahan, “A new method to handle Facebook users in the distributed database system”, 9th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science (ICSESS 2018), November 23-25, 2018, Beijing, China. (EI Compendex, Google Scholar, etc.)
- Md. Shohel Rana, Charan Gudla and Andrew H. Sung, “Android Malware Detection using Stacked Generalization”, 27th International Conference on Software Engineering and Data Engineering (SEDE 2018), October 8-10, 2018, New Orleans, United States. (Scopus, EI, INSPEC, and DBLP)
- Charan Gudla, Md. Shohel Rana and Andrew H. Sung, “Defense Techniques Against Cyber Attacks on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles”, The 16th International Conference on Embedded Systems, Cyber-physical Systems and Applications (ESCS 2018), July 30-August 2, Las Vegas, United States. (ACM, EBSCO, ACSE, CSREA)
- Md. Shohel Rana, A. K. M. Zaidi Satter, Zaman Wahid and Touhid Bhuiyan, “Inpainting on Digital Images using Convolution based Method – A Comparison Study”, Proceedings of 2017 International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Bioinformatics (ICBEB 2017) during September 14-16, 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand. (Scopus)
- Touhid Bhuyian, Md. Shohel Rana, Kaushik Sarker and Zaman Wahid, “A Proposed PST Model for Enhancing E-Learning Experiences.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Education and Distance Learning; 2017 July 4 – 6; Maldives; 2017. (ISI and Scopus)
- Md. Shohel Rana, Kaushik Sarker, Touhid Bhuiyan and Md. Maruf Hassan, “Comparing the performance of different ultrasonic images enhancement for speckle noise reduction in ultrasound images using techniques: a preference study”, Proc. SPIE 10443, Second International Workshop on Pattern Recognition, 104430 W (June 19, 2017); doi:10.1117/12.2280277. (ISI and Scopus)
- Md. Shohel Rana, Md. Maruf Hassan and Touhid Bhuiyan, “An Enhanced Model for Inpainting on Digital Images Using Dynamic Masking.” Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on Frontiers of Image Processing; 2017 March 3-5; Kathmandu, Nepal; 2017. Page-18. (ISI and Scopus)(Awarded by Best Paper and Best Presenter)
From my Connections
I am writing this reference for Md. Shohel Rana who is studying for Computational Science Doctoral program at The University of Southern Mississippi, United States and I know Shohel for more than five years in my capacity as a teacher at Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University. Shohel had been an undergraduate student in my department, Computer Science and Engineering at Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University for four years. He also competed M.Sc. (Engr.) from this department. During this time period, I have closely observed him in different courses conducted by myself and I witnessed his tremendous growth and development. I fully supervised him at his undergraduate and graduate research projects. As a Supervisor, I have found him to be a creative and independent person. Recently he is working as Senior Lecturer in the Department of Software Engineering at Daffodil International University (DIU). His recent continuous contribution to research by publishing research works in reputed research journals and conferences made me proud. He has the genial dedication to his research. Shohel was one of the favorite students. He is an invaluable asset to any department. I highly recommend Shohel for hiring him at The University of Southern Mississippi with absolute confidence. He has made me proud, as his teacher and supervisor, and I am sure will continue to be devoted to becoming the best kind of educator.
Professor Dr. Mohammad Motiur Rahman
Shohel Rana is passionate about teaching and research, strategic and innovative thinker with strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and leadership skills. He has come up with research questions and has an ability in terms of solving complex problems and finding alternatives. I found Mr. Rana to be extremely creative, original and in possession of this remarkable gift of being able to effortlessly establish connections both among topics within a course and across different courses and map core fundamental concepts to that of advanced and complex real world implementations and research problems. Currently, Mr. Rana is working as a Senior Lecturer in Software Engineering department at Daffodil International University. Besides being hard working and diligent in his role as a teacher. He is enthusiastic to research findings: his research specializations include Digital Image Processing and Human Computer Interaction. As far I know, most recent some of his research papers have been published in international refereed journals and international Conference proceedings and few of them in progress for publication. Besides, voluntarily work experiences as a reviewer for many international journals including IEEE. Elsevier, IGI-Global; as well as, served as Technical Program Committee Member in more than 20 different International Conferences and journals. His academic background and work ethic remind me very much of my own, and I respect what he has done and will do as a researcher. I strongly recommend Shohel to his works with absolute confidence.
Professor Dr. Touhid Bhuiyan
Shohel is working as Senior Lecturer in the Department of Software Engineering at Daffodil International University (DIU). His teaching areas include Programming Language, Desktop and Web Programming, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, .NET Programming, Operating System, Software Project Management among others. While discussing many of the problems that he designed for his students as part of the theoretical and coding assignments in his courses, I found Shohel to be extremely creative and original. He has the rare ability to effortlessly establish connections among topics within and across different courses. In addition, to discharge his teaching duties he is actively involved in research. He has continuously contributed to research by publishing research works in reputed research journals and conferences. He has the cordial dedication for his research and I found him very responsible, amicable and supportive of the department’s research activities. He is assisting a number of undergraduate research activities which shows convenient promise. Considering his strong academic background, professional integrity and research potential I strongly believe. I wish every success in his life and I look forward to seeing him as a pioneer in his research area.
Dr. Shaikh Muhammad Allayear
I have worked with Mr. Md. Shohel Rana for more than one years at Sarah Technologies limited and I should say that I was lucky to work with a person like him. I have worked on multiple projects with him and I find him to be the extremely technical person. He has a great capacity to understand any technology in shortest possible time. To mention some of his skills that I have observed: he is a really quick learner, has strong C#.NET programming skills, great understanding and designing ability of Object-Oriented Technology, intense debugging capacity to find out the critical error and very much passionate doing RnD to bring innovation to the project. I can assure anybody that by hiring Shohel, for any position, he will become a valuable asset for such a company and he will bring a rich culture and experience along with him